What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile Dysfunction and Erectile Dysfunction, known as the inability to initiate or maintain the erection required for sexual intercourse, is called erectile dysfunction in men .
Erectile dysfunction is caused by the hardening of the vessels coming to the penis as a result of some diseases, the escape of blood from the penis due to vascular insufficiency during erection, or the decrease in the stretching capacity of the tissues that provide erection.
Who Has Erectile Dysfunction?
- 20% for men aged 30-50 years. It is seen in 50% of men aged 50 and over.
- Long-term (Diabetes) Patients
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Patients with hypertension
- Patients with excess weight
- Those who smoke and drink excessively
- Patients receiving treatment for depression
- Patients in the advanced age group
Pre-ESWT Treatment Methods
Medical Treatment (PDE-5 inhibitor drugs)
- Injections into the penis
- vacuum devices
Disadvantages and Problems of These Treatments
- Too many side effects
- Effects are temporary
- Long-term use required
- Treatment costs are high
ESWT Application in Hardening Treatment
It has been proven that the shock waves applied in ESWT repair the vascular structure through the cell, create new vessels, thus increasing the blood supply in the penis and treating the main cause of the erection problem.
The European Association of Urology has been recommending it as a first-line treatment since 2013.
Its effect is permanent. It has no side effects like other treatments. It is made from the feet. Anesthesia, surgical intervention is not applied.
- It has no interaction with drugs.
- It does not require ongoing costs.
- It is painless. Session 10 min. takes around.
- It is applied for 4-6 weeks as 1 or 2 sessions per week.
- It has no side effects.
Effect Mechanism And Success Rate
It stimulates cell regeneration, cell formation and new vessel formation by mechanical stimulation in tissues. The treatment success rate has been reported as 80% in multicenter placebo-controlled studies.